Saturday, December 2, 2006

NITE OF LIGHTS, NOISE, AND COLD

Last nite 3 of my sisters and I went to the annual Moulton Christmas Parade. Plus a few of our kids and grandkids and assorted family members of course. It was coldddddddd. Well really the only thing cold on me were my feet. I had on boots but my toesies were so cold they felt like they would break off. My nephew Duane is a fireman. He and his boys (and wife) rode on the fire dept. float and truck. My great-nephew Andrew was all revved up before the parade. But when the sirens on the trucks started going by you would have thought he was in front of a firing squad. He was shaking and wouldn't even smile. My daughter was too busy looking for people she knew. Her little (I mean short compared to her 5'5" frame)boyfriend came with us. He is a good kid so far. Of course there was candy thrown from most floats. I got beaned in the head a couple of times. A lady next to us was picking it up for her sister that was not able to. She watched from her car next to us. I gathered some up and gave it to her. And then would you believe some grown-ups from the other side of me moved over there and stood in front of her car where her sister couldn't see. I started to tell them to move but it probably wouldn't have done any good. Lots and lots of horses. Hey, we even had a giant cow, the pink panther, and Clifford the Big Red Dog. I don't know what these characters have to do with Christmas but only in Alabama they say. The one thing I seen that I really liked was that the 2 firefighters that were killed earlier this year were the grand marshalls. I know this season will be hard on their families. I miss my parents who are gone also. They are all in our thoughts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Got a few pictures up on my blog. Didn't have time to write much, it was bedtime when I got home.