Tuesday, December 12, 2006

BEHIND AGAIN

Well here it is less that 2 weeks before Christmas. I just got my tree up this past Sunday. We put lights in the bushes outside last nite. My kid wanted lights in the big oak out front. I told her that I wasn't going to get up there and get them down later. So no lites in the tree. I haven't even went shopping yet! Guess I will just have to do some power shopping this weekend. Maybe I will go during the week and miss some crowds. We went through my mom's Christmas stuff and divided it among ourselves. My mom was the ultimate Christmas nut. And none of us helped the situation. We were always buying her something to go with it. When we were little she couldn't afford anything like we have now. We made a lot of our decorations. She made a lot of our presents. But we all remember that more than that ornament we bought last year. I have some pics that I will scan of my family from then. I still look at decorations when I go shopping. I will tell Britt when I see something I think Mother would have liked. She does the same to me. Boy it still seems strange without her and Daddy here. I miss them both a lot. Well first I have to figure out what to buy people. I have no ideas!! I am sure I will see something I think they just can't live without. Maybe some pookie dotted underwear or a big stuffed frog. You never know what you might happen upon. But first I will have to get rid of my kid for at least a few hours. I haven't even got hers yet! She told me last nite not to put her presents under the tree because she would try to figure out what they were. You should have seen her face when I told her I hadn't gotten her anything yet. The look on her face was priceless!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've gotta get on the ball too. Working all these hours, all I do is go home and fall into bed. Now I'm running out of time and I'm not sure I'm even gonna put a tree up. Happy Holidays, Sis

PS: Did you read about Donna hoovering Josh's pot-bellied pig to death?