Friday, December 15, 2006

BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSIES

Today is my nephew Chane's birthday. He is my sister Vicki's son. Don't seem like it has been 32 years since he was born. He is a very good looking boy with a very good heart. I remember when he was born. I was 13. Of course he was (and still is) spoiled. What do you expect with the first grandchild in a family. Today is also my bigmomma's birthday. We didn't call her grandmother ever. She was always bigmomma to us. She was my mother's mother who lived in Athens. We got to see her often during our summer visits. But as we all grew up we didn't go as often. But one thing I always remember about today is this is the day my mom and dad met. They met on a blind date and got married 10 days later on Christmas day. They ran off to Iuka, Mississippi and got married. Daddy always said that he knew that nite he wanted to marry her. He even told his mother that the next morning after their first date. They were married almost 50 years. We didn't grow up with all the fighting and fussing alot of people do. My ex-husband ask me one time did I really think my daddy had never been unfaithful. I told him yes. He said that I grew up in a fairy tale. I told him no I grew up the way it was meant to be. Too bad more people don't grow up like that today. I ask Daddy one time what would he do if I met someone and got married 10 days later.. He kinda laughed and said "Whatever you get yourself into you will get yourself out of." Maybe that is why I am still single after 12 years. They don't make them even close like him anymore. Happy Birthday Chane. Oh yea. My sister Donna is a pig killer. I don't know if she even gave the poor thing time to say his last prayer. She seems to be dangerous with household appliances (vacuum cleaner)..who knew that a potbellied pig would have a heart attack over a hoover!! Ya'll check out her confession at Life Droppings.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! I can't believe Donna killed the little porker! Chane keeps trying to tell me he's only 30, I thought it was supposed to be women who lied about their age.......

Tina said...

Just because he doesn't act his age (I think that's a man thang). Tell him to do like the rest of us. Just try to age slowly and gracefully.