Saturday, December 16, 2006

CHRISTMAS CHAOS

We just returned from Christmas shopping. 6 hours of it! My kid is already sacked out on the couch with the dog and cat. Full House is on Nick at Nite (can't reach the remote). I put a pretty good dent in my Christmas list tonite. Ran into some pretty good deals, too. The traffic in Florence was horrendous. We ate at O'Charley's. Not bad but not what I really wanted. I am sick of Wal Mart. The mall was a bust,too. Did you know that at 11:00 at nite K-Mart is practically empty? They were having a pretty good sale. I think I will go to Decatur tomorrow to try to finish up. Can you believe I wore my kid out shopping? She has decided she doesn't want to go tomorrow because I won't go home until I get done. I out shopped an 11 year old girl!! Guess I ain't as old as she thinks. People are rude and pushy out there. But you just have to jump in the trenches and battle it out. My sisters and I have this little thing we do each year we call "Sister Gifts". We started it a few years back. We all try to be a little creative with our gifts. You would be surprised with some of the things we come up with. But one thing we all try to include is a Christmas ornament for each other. Now we have a collection of ornaments that we have given to each other. I have part of my sister gifts but I need to find the little unusual things. I think I will do that tomorrow while I am in town. I have some ideas but I can't reveal them in case my sisters read this. NO PEEKING Y'ALL.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I wouldn't peek.............well not much anyway.

Unknown said...

When you have a little time, check out CyberOutlaw. He's a "real" writer; in other words he's got a book coming out and his stuff is great. He started out writing stories about his life in New York and now he gives us chapters from his book once in a while. Damn, I wish I could write like him!

Unknown said...

YOU'VE BEEN CHRISTMAS TAGGED! See my blog for details

KC said...

I found you thru Patty. ( In case you are wondering who the H*ll is this... :-)

Try to outshop my 11 yr old..... I bet you can't do it..... Oh did I tell ya, you have to be willing to entertain her by allowing at least one purchase per stop if she finds something and you MUST, MUST feed her every 60 minutes!

I hate shopping with my Daughter... LOL