Monday, December 25, 2006

AFTER THE STORM

Nothing is left but a large pile of paper and boxes on the living room floor. A lot of work goes into shopping and picking out the best gifts for it to end like this. All in all it was a good Christmas morning. My kid was up at 6:30. That is a new record for her. She went through several hundred dollars of gifts in about 4 minutes. Nothing new. Then she went with her dad to his mothers. I have a great relationship with my in-laws. Not the ex. I spent 12 years trying to be nice (10 before the divorce). Now I try to ignore him. I found out last year the easiest thing to do is not let him in my house. That way he doesn't get a chance to be rude and obnoxious. Got to go back to work tommorrow. My kid is finally over the flu and I am feeling somewhat better. My leg still bothers me some. I found out that a muscle relaxer gives me a hangover. So I ain't taking them anymore. We still haven't had Christmas with my family yet. Maybe this weekend. I told Brittany it would be like having Christmas twice. If we had known we were going to postpone we could have saved some money on the after Christmas sales. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was Brit satisfied with her Christmas or did she want more? Glad you both are feeling better. I'm back at work tonight, don't know when I'll get another day off.....

Anonymous said...

She was pretty well satisified. She got what she wanted and then some.