Sunday, February 4, 2007

NOT JUST FOR BOYS ANYMORE

My best friend Melody has a daughter named Devin. She races 4-wheelers. And I mean she races. We went Saturday nite to watch her. It was an indoor race. When you walk in and see the track you think "How can they race on that without killing someone?". They manage somehow. This girl can outrace the boys easily. She is well known in the racing group. Partly because she is a girl racing a 4-wheeler. But mostly because she can beat the boys. And the guys really respect her. I enjoy watching her race. My kid would love to try it. I don't have the money or nerve to put her out there. I video her races and Britt and I take pics for her. We have made her a pretty good collection. She has so many trophies and placques she has no where to hang them anymore. Her room is full and now they are going down the hall and in her bathroom. She was signing up for a race and a man with his little girl ask her was she going to race in the womens class (beginners). The man behind them looked at them and asked him "You don't know who this is do you?"
Don't you love it!! Her nickname is Smokey. My Britt thinks she is one of the coolest girls there is. You know, I think she is right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just think, a few years ago when they said a girl was "fast" it meant that she put out 8-}